Discovering where your ancestors come from is an exciting and rewarding experience
Many have left these Manx waters never to return, but now we find that their families are returning to find the homeland they left behind. The beautiful homeland of the Isle of Man.
What we can offer:
We can prepare personalised tour itineraries which can include research into your family name, where they lived or their final resting place. The tour prices includes a half day’s research field trip before you get here. Either in the IOM FHS Library, the Imuseum or hunting for your family graves or a particular place. This will then save hours searching grave yards or the country lanes.
- Our tours will include a door to door service, we can also collect you from the airport or ferry if you’re just here on a day trip.
- Tour only price is £295 up to 4 people, £35 per additional person up to max 8.
- Tour duration up to 6 hours.
- Half day field research prior to arrival.
Tour plus accommodation
If you’re planning a trip to the Isle of Man to do family history research then there is no better place to stay than Albany House. So far we’ve had visits from Clague’s, Maddrell’s, Wattersons, Kermott, Kelly’s, Quayles and Christian’s. One lady even found her ancestor’s grave from the 1700’s. We’d love to find out your ancestral name to add to the list.
Nikki, my wife is a proud Manxie, a Kermode by birth. Her ancestors date back to the 1600’s. She has a vast knowledge on finding graves. Being a grave digger’s daughter she’s even dug a few.
- We will arrange to and from the ferry or airport.
- Accommodation is on a bed and breakfast basis. Choice of rooms, double, twin or triple all ensuite.
- Tour duration up to 6 hours
- Half day field research prior to arrival
- Prices as per the tour only, plus accommodation costs from £90 per room per night (based on 2 people sharing)
How to book:
Complete the booking form opposite, email Nigel@albanytours.co.uk , or telephone 00 44 7624 498832
Payment and Booking Confirmation
Your tour bookings is on a request only basis and is not confirmed until full payment has been processed and you receive your booking confirmation via email. Payment methods accepted are paypal or bank transfer.
BOOK THIS TOUR
4 – 8 Hours, POA
You may also want to look at
Why not take at look a our interactive map to find out a bit more about some of the locations we may visit.